I healed!/Happy Fourth of July!/I don't have hemorrhoids!

Hellooooo everybody!

So this last week I went to the doctor about twice and found out I don't have hemorrhoids, regardless of a substantial amount of blood lost within the last week. I also had to submit to very humiliating treatment from this old woman who used gel and glove to check to see where the blood was coming from. AAAHHHH!!! I was also having to call sister Szabadkai every morning and night.  When I told her that there was a lot of blood, but that the consistency was probably around soft serve ice cream, she said, "Oh! So it is like ice cream with a little bit of... raspberry." She has a good sense of humor, and may she forever be blessed for having to listen to graphic descriptions of terrible matters.  She was having me do a strict diet, which included in her words, "grated apples, broken up biscuits, and a little bit a lemon juice", but when I told her that I wouldn't have to go to the store to buy biscuits, but that I could make them myself, she said very rhetorically and dismissively, "well, what does it mean, to make.. biscuit."  It reminded me of one of our family favorite movies Hoodwinked when that little bird said "What does it mean: you're. next.?"  

On the fourth of July I was homebound with none other than the Jack of all Trades himself, elder Norris, who was my companion during my second transfer in Nyiregyháza.  I spent a very uneventful holiday, sleeping, reading the Book of Mormon and Jesus the Christ, and reading from a hidden gem we found in the apartment... Teachings from the Presidents of the Church: Harold B. Lee! #missionlibrary Nevertheless, on Saturday, we were finally able to leave the apartment again and get back to work.  We found two really solid new investigators through tracting.  One actually called us out of the blue on July fourth. Her name is Anita, she is about 40, and she work as a psychologist. She had been tracted into a few months ago, and the missionaries shared a message and prayed with her.  She said that for the next few months, she had been feeling the wonderful peace from that prayer, but then it went away.  She wanted to know how she could feel it again. Golden opportunity! We talked about the gospel of Jesus Christ and how she can always feel that wonderful feeling of the Holy Ghost through baptism and confirmation.  She is coming to church.  On Sunday, we were tracting in an area of family houses that we usually dont tract in, and the second doorbell we rung was a woman's who let us in and listened to the message of the restoration.  Her name is Adri, and she's about 30 and works as a chemist. She had a lot of great questions, and she is planning on coming to church and meeting with us again! 

Yesterday, we had interviews with President Szabadkai )which is why I'm emailing today) and we also had a meeting with Marton Eva, a super nice older woman who always helps us with our teachings, who invited over a woman who hasn't been to church in a long time.  We read the baptismal covenants we make in D&C 20, and invited her to come back to church and to remember the covenants she had made.  She was totally prepared, and told us that she had been thinking that this was the time for her to return.  We'll see her on Sunday, when Marton Eva brings her. 

Over the last few weeks, I had been taking it really hard when people have been really rude and have sent us away from doors and buildings and such.  During a lot of my reading while I was sick, I was reading in the beginning of Ezekiel when he has a dream in which the Lord call him to go preach to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.  The Lord says in the 2nd chapter, 

"And they, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear, (for they are a rebellious house,) yet shall know that there hath been prophet among them. And thou, son of man, be not afraid of them, neither be afraid of their words, though briers and thorns be with thee, and thou dost dwell among scorpions: be not afraid of their words, nor be dismayed at their looks, though they be a rebellious house.... " 

So it doesn't necessarily matter to the Lord if the people accept or reject the gospel when it comes to your individual standing before Him.  He just want you to do the best you can.  And He'll give you the tools to do it! In the 3rd chapter, He says, 

"Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, eat that thou findest; eat this rolland go speak unto the house of Israel.  So opened my mouth, and he caused me to eat that roll. And he said unto me, Son of man, cause thy belly to eat, and fill thy bowels with this roll that give thee. Then did eat it; and it was in my mouth as honey for sweetness."  

Ezekiel was really good at obtaining the word!  Daily scripture study will fill you with the very word you will preach unto the people, and that word in sweet.  I've definitely found that every day study, especially from the book of Mormon, fills my heart with peace and that I can withstand whatever the adversary is throwing at me. I've also been reading how Alma and Amulek and the sons of Mosiah were terribly persecuted, but still only found reason to rejoice in the success that they had among Gods children who decided to accept the truth. What great examples of truth and strength.  I need to strive to emulate them more!

I love you all!
Martin elder

Comments

Popular Posts