Off Smoking!

It was a cool week!  We finally had Missionary Correlation meeting with our MCM leader.  Which we're supposed to have every week, but we had for the first time this transfer.  I was feeling a wittle bit sick this week, but I'm glad I didn't use it as an excuse to stay inside.  Pushing through has a lot of benefits, giving up when the going gets rough never leaves you satisfied.

We had a lot of cool teachings.  One was with our guy on baptismal date, Richárd.  We went over the baptismal interview questions with him, and they went really well.  We talked about the difference between "to know" and "to believe".  For example, I personally do not 100% know for a fact that the restoration happened, but I can say that I believe it with 100% of my heart.  He has great desires to believe in the Restored Gospel, even if he doesn't know for a fact.

There was also another really cool moment when a Jamaican woman who is living in England came to tour Hungary to introduce the BYU-Idaho Pathways to everyone.  She has a super strong testimony of the gospel, and we were able to invite our Jamaican investigator who is really close to accepting a baptismal date.  They were able to talk for a while, we're super excited for her and her family.  We'll be meeting with her tonight, I'll keep you updated on how it goes!

We met with our other investigator a few times, Miklós.  He successfully completed the stop smoking in 1 week program!!  He is still going to follow a few of the steps for the next few weeks to make sure he is completely off.  A member referraled him to us, and she called him every night to have a nightly prayer with him and to check up on his progress.  We always meet in her home, where he feels the spirit so strongly and has no desire to smoke.  We're meeting with him next Friday to teach him about the Restoration.

We also watched the spanish resotration film with our mexican investigator!  That was really cool.  He ended up coming to church too!

I love the work here in Győr!  Things are going great.  I need to work on my Hungarian.  Please pray that I will be endowed with the gift of tongues!! haha

Love you all!
Martin elder 






Comments

Popular Posts