Konferencia!

Hello everyone!

The weather is just getting better and better!  The sun is almost always out!  We do a LOT of streeting these days, which typically includes going to the city center with the Sisters and playing violin and singing with them (Dorny nővér also has a violin, and Gertsch nővér has a ukelele. Norris elder just brings his stellar singing voice!).

Conference was WONDERFUL. Wow I heard a lot of things that I definitely needed to hear.  Conference was displayed at the branch house for the members in Hungarian, but us missionaries crowded in the clerk's office and watched it in English on the computer.  This might seem a little wimpy when we are in this country (partly) so we can learn another language to talk to people, but we're going to downlod it in Hungarian and then listen to it later, after we already know what they actually said.  I really liked Ronald A Rasband's talk about being a first responder to the spirit's promptings. I also LOVED Presidents Uchtdorf's talk about not fearing, but having your fears swallowed up in the love of Christ. This is SO applicable to when I street.  There are a lot of people walking all around, all sorts from all ilks of life, and sometimes it's easy to just target the "safe" ones a.k.a. the really old people or people my age.  But after this last talk, I'm going to try to let my charity (which I still need to develop further) fuel my ambitions to "talk to everyone", because when it comes down to it, I know that the message I have to share is more important than my 19 year old sense of pride.

Sorry that this email was so short!  Hopefully I'll have a lot of good pictures for next week.

Sok szeretettel,
Martin elder

P.S. fun fact - in Hungarian, you don't capitalize titles after names, hence why we write Martin elder and not Martin Elder. 
P.S.S. in grocery stores, you must pay for your bags, which encourages people to bring their own.
P.S.S.S. if you don't have a credit card with a chip, don't come to Hungary. They get so confused when I give them my out dated magnet strip card.


 Not a very good jumping picture..
After we did the jumping picture, all of the my Jesus cards fell out of my chest pocket so this is us picking them up.
 Én and Norris elder
The flowers are out!
beautiful Lutheran (?) church
It kind of reminds me of a Mormon temple
Look at all the intricate moldings!
Things are getting green
The district and Kristóf, one of the members living at the house
Stuffed cabbage! We made this at a member's house. Cabbage rolled around ground pork and rice with tomato juice and paprika.



Comments

Popular Posts