Mission Tour with Area President Elder Johnson

Greetings to all kith and kin,

This past week was really cool!  Elder Pulispher and I were in Buda for 3 days.  Elder Paul V. Johnson came to do a mission tour, and on Wednesday we went up to see him.  It was super neat.  They instructed us on how to always be Christlike, and how to better help our investigators progress by giving them bold, definite commitments.  Sister Johnson said something I really like.  She said that if we see someone that possesses a Christlike attribute that we want, then we should start to act like that person.  We should act out the Christlike attributes we want to have.  Act it out.  If I'm not feeling love for a particular person, at least I can act like it, and then with God's help I can learn to love them.

In any case I also had a private interview with President Johnson, we talked about the mission and what I have learned.  I told him that coming on a mission for me was like starting to see my life in color, as i look back on my premission life it all feels like black and white.  He told me to keep studying the scriptues and keep focusing my prayers on others to keep seeing my life in color after my mission.

This week we met with a ton of investigators and we able to find a new family (we taught the dad and are planning on teaching the whole family soon) and on Sunday two of our lessons didn't go through, but we kept on keeping on and tracted and were let in by this really kind woman who was super prepared to hear the Restoration.

Nicketa came to church and brought her daughter Camille!  The primary loved Camille (who is 10, has been in Hungary for about 3 years, and speaks Hungarian perfectly already).

I went on splits in Buda with Elder Gentry, an assistant.  It was awesome!!  He is a super good example and a great missionary, super bold.  We got to focus on teaching people according to their needs and making sure that people are understanding when we teach them.

I'm super excited for this next week, we are going to give a lot more of our investigators baptismal dates!  

I love you all.  Thank you for your continuous prayers,
sok szeretettel,
martin elder








 a cryptic text from our investigator responding to when we can meet






Comments

Popular Posts