Staying in Kecskemét and TRAINING

Happy Halloween everybody!!
In Hungary they don't have halloween, but they do celebrate Minden Szentek Napja (All Saint's Day) on November first.  If there is a halloween party, it's usually held by youth or the cosmopolitan crowd.  The funny thing about Hungary is that American things are really cool here, and English to them is essentially French to us in terms that they put English sentences on things to make them look fancy.  I was doing some wallet shopping a while back and i found this wallet that I really liked but on the inside was written in microsoft word cursive font "have a nice day!"  No doubt someone who does not speak English would think that this is the most chiche thing but it was kind of a turn off for me. Also people wear shirts that have english on them but they say the WEIRDEST things haha.  Old ladies will wear shirts that say 'watch out, Im a TIGER" or that say "you cant touch this" haha they just bought that because they didnt know what it meant lolz.  or maybe they did, and hungary is filled with very promiscuous 50 year old ladies.

This past week we didn't find any new investigators, which was a bit of a let down, but we had some really good lessons with those we are currently teaching.  A highlight was yesterday we met with Erzsi, Peti, and Annabella, and they had bought a pumpkin for us to help them carve! they were literally TERRIFIED the entire time, while Elderallred cut the top off they thought he was going to kill himself on accident.  There were only a few screams, on their part.

Last P-Day we went to this instrument museum that was really cool! They had a ton of antique Hungarian and other nationalities instruments.  Then we went toa photography museum (it was a bust.. 1 star on trip advisor) and then went to this fancy restaurant where Elder Allred and I had fruit soup with vanilla ice cream (seriously one of my favorite magyar dishes, and bonus, it is an appitizer, meant to be eaten before the actual meal) and some steak thing.

The Sisters also had a baptism, and a one of our investigators showed up!  Our mission president told us that this transfer was the most baptisms they had during their entire mission: 11.

Probably the most exciting thing is that this morning we got transfer calls from PRESIDENT SZABADKAI, who only calls when someone is going to train or become Zone Leader or something, and I found out that I will be staying in Kecskemét and TRAINING!!!  Wow was not expecting that one.  It will take a lot of trust in the Lord, and to be honest Im not exactly confident that I can be a good trainer haha. I still have a LOT to learn, but at least Im training at the same time as one of my MTC best buds, ElderCushing!!

I've really grown really close to the Lord on my mission.  Sometimes I feel a bit far when I'm frustrated or confused, but I feel really close to Him when I pray, and pause, and try to listen to what He has to say to me, or sometimes I like to just pause and kind of bask in the glow haha I don't know, but praying is almost like sitting in front of a camp fire and just feeling warmth and comfort. Sometimes I get answers right away.  Sometimes I don't.  But I trust in His timetable.
Áldott Minden Szent Napját kívánok mindenkinek!
Martin elder


me blowing an ancient hungarian horn 


two hundred year old hungarian piano


Fruit soup NOMNOMNOMNOM


Elder Allred and I were so proud of this teaching record because of it's colors!  This is what a teaching record should look like!


Benedek's baptism!  We brought hm as a member present to a lesson just 4 hours after he was confirmed a member haha


a mighty wind took down some trees

Comments

Popular Posts