Konferencia!

Hello everybody!  Sziasztok mindenki!
So I don't have a whole lot of time today because this computer is slower than RASPUTIN'S DEATH! but we have some exciting updates.

1.  An older woman who we met on the street and comes to English class gave me a book on how to learn to read Ancient Hungarian Runes!  It was a very kind act.  I am trying to give her a Book of Mormon in return but she always manages to slip away whenever I bring it up... hmm!

2.  We did a lot of white boarding this week and ended up having a few lessons right in the main square on a bench, and that included us finding a new investigator!

3.  We had General Conference (Általános Konferencia).  We, the missionaries, watched it at the Branch house and a few members and 2 of our investigators came.  Here in Hungary, we wartch the Sunday afternoon Sunday the folowwing Sundayso NO SPOILERS haha.

4.  We began the self reliance program as a companionship, and I set goals to rely more on the Lord and having more faith in Him by proying more often in my heart during finding and teaching activities, and in trusting that I'm actually going to get an answer.  It's going really well so far. For instnace, the other day I stopped this older man on the street to talk to him about family history and we talked for FIFTY minutes. geez.  But during our conversation I was praying that he would be open to giving us his address and letting us come by to help him with family history and it WORKED.  He even said he would drive us to his house.  Interesting how becoming more spiritually self reliant involves becoming completely reliant on the Lord. Reminds me of "take my yoke upon you for my yoke is easy and my burden is light".  Right now I'm in the middle of Ether in the Book of Mormon, and my appreciation for Mormon and Moroni as prophet-historians is really growing.  They really did try so hard to make this record, and had so much FAITH that it would actually be brought forth in the latter days.  It's amazing.  After reading Ether 12, I looked at the painting of Moroni buring the plastes in a whole different light.  No wonder he was chosen to visit Joseph Smith and direnct him according to the plates; they are literally what he spent his whole life doing.

5.  Enikő tried on her baptismal clothes and they fit perfectly.  She will be baptised this Friday and Ill definitely have pics to send next week.  Gábors baptismal interview will be this wednesday with President Szabadkai.  Praying that that goes well!

6.  Under direction of President Szabadkai, sunday morning at 9 we went out proselyting (because conference started at 11).  It was really interesting haha. Everyone was nice, but they were all walking to church!  We just tried to support them in their faith , while at the same time inviting them to hear a wonderful message about Jesus Christ's restored gospel. 
In any case, love you all and you are all in my prayers!


an old pic i got from elder allred of right after transfers when we went for lunch


old pic of trio life in szolnok and the big 22 story building that was gifted to them by the Russians because they were such good Communists


it rained on our nightly bikeride home


Comments

Popular Posts