Making Dem Rounds

So it's been a looong time since I last emailed.  We finished our rounds to all the four zones to do area book and planner checks with the missionaries.  We always went to the store right before any of these interviews to buy tons of treats to disarm any defensive behavior haha just kidding but really we went all out with drinks and snacks.  

We ended up traveling to Győr (one of my old cities!), Miskolc, Pest, Szeged, and Kecskemét (also one of my old cities ).  It was a great experience to see everyone and to see some really good examples in stellar planning and other aspects of missionary work.  For instance we have standards of excellence that include finding 1 new person to teach every day, having 10 meaningful conversations with people we meet, having a meaningful interaction with a member on the daily, interacting in some way with all the people we teach daily, and speaking Hungarian from 10 am to 9 pm.  These aren't quotas, so they're not reported.  

One set of sisters had made this super awesome check/tally mark to keep themselves accountable to these, which is super cool because it demonstrates personal accountability to the Lord too, so Elder Spencer and I started doing that as well in the back of our planners.  If we want to do better, we have to know what we're not doing well in order to know what to improve on.  I almost want to make standards of excellence for myself when I go home in order to keep myself in the spiritual high zone.  definitely want to include 30 minutes of Book of Mormon, 3 meaningful prayers a day, service to someone.. idk.  Ideas?  Then I'm gonna make a list to see how I do.

another highlight was that I was able to go on exchanges with Elder McCann, my most former companion.  We already knew how the other worked, so it was super productive.  We even sang to this mom and her baby in the stroller (she asked us to) and the baby was like.. entranced haha.

We also sent home the last group of missionaries going home before I do.  Elder Fuchs's parents came and got him.  He was my comp. in the MTC and it was cool to see the beginning and the end of his mission.  We had a blast on his last day going to a lesson and then getting these weird milkshakes (they had donuts on the top) at this cool place. 

We had a miracle find one night when we went streeting with 37 minutes left in the day and we met a young guy who was super down to learn more and he is going to bring his roommate too.  We are stoked.

We also had Mission Leadership Council and Elder Spencer and I had to essentially do a ton of that.  We really tried hard to make it discussion based and I think we were able to council really well as a mission leadership.

Love you all!!  Read the Book of Mormon every day, your life will be changed.  seriously.

sok szeretettel,
martin elder


fuchs and I on his last night


cool milkshakes at this hipster place in Pest


super cool chain bridge in Budapest


us at Fuch's last lesson  


us and president on Fuchs's last night


elder surdu at planner check


Elder McCann and I at a let-in with a super nice older woman


us after interviews with elders jameson and barton 


we were streeting and were able to give this couple 2000 forint in change so they could pay their parking ticket


a church in our area

Comments

Popular Posts