Super Weird Week - Transferred to Budapest

Helloooooo!!!

well this past week was definitely one of the most unexpected weeks of my mission.  It started off great with Elder McCann!  We had this funny experience after P-Day on Monday when we brought a member, Erzsi, to a return appointment with a man who we set up with on the street.  We went to his house, and his 70 year old father came out and pretty much told us to forget about trying to meet with his son because he (the father) doesn't want to hear about the Gospel.  The man told us to go and find jobs but then Erzsi was like "they already work all day" and then he said for us to work overtime then and then she was like "they cant work overtime, they already work 24 hours a day" haha I dont think the man really knew that this is like our full time gig.

On Tuesday we had some cool meetings with some members and people we teach.  I got a call from President Hettinger at the end of the day and he said that even though transfers are this next Tuesday I should come up to Buda on Thursday morning and that I will be spending the last two transfers of my mission as an assistant.  I was kind of bummed because I really wanted to stay in Dunaújváros until the end of my mission and this would mean that I wouldn't even be able to say goodbye to all the members at church or anything like that.

On Wednesday we set up a lot of teachings for me to say bye to the people.  We had a great lesson with Julianna (pictured below).  We taught her the Word of Wisdom and she committed to stop smoking!  She also said that she feels herself converting to the Gospel and that ever since she's been meeting with us, she feels like she always has someone to turn to: her Heavenly Father.  She was a believer and slightly religious before this, but the Restored Gospel has given her a more concrete knowledge of who God is and just what He can do in our lives.

On Thursday morning I traveled up to Budapest by train ALONE (it was super weird, but I met this person that Elder Ballard and I had talked to a few weeks ago and she helped me with my bags outside of the train station and we talked for a few hours - not very interested in the gospel, but a really nice lady!).  I arrived and Elder Lowe (my new companion for the next few days before he goes home) was already on splits with another elder and we taught a ton of lessons as a trio.  

The next few days Elder Lowe and I and Elder Spencer (my companion next transfer) have been in a trio and have been all over the place.  Pretty much we organized transfers and did some other stuff and drove some elders all over creation (all the way to Győr and back one night).  We have a lot of meetings with President and Sister Hettinger.  Honestly I wouldnt choose to end my mission in the office, just because it takes a lot of time away from doing contacting and such and i feel like now I know how to do that the best, but I've experienced the Lord's help during those times when we have been able to go finding so that we can stay effective.  We went tracting in Szentendre which is a really pretty city a little north of Budapest.

My testimony of the Spirit has been growing a lot over the past few days - its so good to have the spirit with you so that He can guide you in every step that you have to take.  I'm grateful for my Savior and the happiness that He makes accessible to me.

Love you all!
Martin elder


McCann elder and I


watertower in Dunaújváros


us and Erzsi on my last day in Dunaújváros


us and Julianna



us and super cool member Betti


us and member Zoli


 us and recent converts Eszter and Szandra


us on way back from Győr in car


 an Indian restaurant in Szentendre where there were also a lot of dead bugs


us at a cool recent convert's house for lunch after church in Buda

Comments

Popular Posts