Week 3 at the MTC

Sziasztok csaladaim es barataim!

The highlight of this past week was that I got to eat lunch with Madeline! Perks of having a sister that teaches a building over from you. She is such an amazing example to me of a dedicated and hard working missionary. I don't have a whole lot of time today, but I will try to quickly relate what happened this week. First, we started teaching a new "investigator", Ildiko. She is actually just one of our teachers role-playing as someone interested in the church (as all of the "people" we teach in the MTC will be), but surprisingly enough, you actually get really attached to these characters. First, they are all based off of real people that the teachers met on their missions and who were eventually baptized. You also spend all of your time with your companion preparing lessons for them, praying for them, and thinking about their needs and their questions that they have for you. This arrangement is supposed to really prepare us for when we actually make it to Hungary someday.. (time is an enigma here. We get zero news from the outside world. Also we are low-key trapped in this complex of buildings.)

On Friday, we taught members of the Church here in Provo that speak Hungarian. One was a returned missionary, and the other was a real Hungarian woman!! The MTC can be like a bubble sometimes, and there comes a point when you forget that people somewhere on this planet are actually speaking the language that you're learning. Listening to the language spoken by a native speaker was a COMPLETELY different experience than what we listen to in class. It was a baptism of fire of sorts; a very good learning experience, as we call difficult things here in the MTC.

My companion and I are getting along great. His German family sends him all sorts of chocolate so that helps, too!

Every week, I become more and more aware of what my Savior has done for me. I am so grateful to be out here, serving Him and His children.

Love,
Martin Elder
us and the mountain

 with Sister Snow -WE LOVE HER!
 my Hungarian district

 Edit (Feil Nover)!


because my sister Madeline teaches at the MTC, we occasionally have lunch together :-)

Comments

Popular Posts